11 Simple things to consider before Office365 / Exchange online migrations
- Understand how many users have to setup/migrate into exchange online.
- Download the DirSync Tool to sync users. (This will required the administrator Privileges)
- Sign-up for an Exchange online / office 365 account. (microsoft-exchange-online-email-for-business)
- Obtain the DNS information from the hosting provider. (This will help in provided your own domain address in email)
- Also, Understand about Properties in the Proxy Address for active directory user to forward email address.
- Consider using the Multi Factor Authentication to boost up the security.
- Define and Setup required mailbox rules and policies.
- If its a new setup consider using ADFS for user management.
- Consider to install Latest Dot Net framework to be installed on the DIRSYNC Server.
- Discussed and choose, Exchange ActiveSync and OWA for Devices
- Now we are ready with tools and information required for setup a new instance or migration.
Lets discuss in next blog all about actual migration.
“Upfront Information brings healthy results”